You do not have to spend thousands of dollars on creams that promise to prevent acne breakouts. Did you know that there are simple ways that can help prevent acne formation?
- Always keep your skin clean all the time. Follow a skin routine that perfectly fits what your skin needs. Wash your face at least twice a day to remove not only oil and dirt, but dead skin cells as well. If you are very sensitive, use a mild cleanser. When cleansing your face, use cold water to help prevent breakouts.
- One of the most important components of skin care is moisturizing. Skin moisturizers can help clear excess dirt and oil. In addition to this, anti-acne products usually contain ingredients that can dry the skin. Therefore, moisturizing it should be a top priority.
- Aside from your face, it is equally important to keep your hair clean. Your hair can accumulate dirt and oil during the day and if it comes in contact with your face, you are more susceptible to acne formation.
- Acne forms when the pores in your skin are blocked with dirt or oil. With this in mind, it is important to choose the right make-up that will not clog your pores. Make-up plays a huge role in the condition of your skin. For cosmetics, choose non-comedogenic type. Do not waste your money with products that could potentially lead to breakouts. It will also be helpful to avoid heavy products that contain oils and butter.
- Aside from make-up, you should also check the label of your shampoo. Some ingredients may irritate your skin, which will result to breakouts too. If you cannot get all-natural products, try out shampoos that are fragrant-free. Also make sure to rinse well everytime.
- Use a facial wash that contains salicylic acid. This is an effective way to prevent acne from forming.
- Never sleep with your make-up on. No matter how light your make-up is, it is important to clean your face before going to bed. According to skin experts, you should follow the 1-minute rule wherein you will leave the facial wash for 1 minute before rinsing it off giving enough time for the product to take effect.
- Make sure that you regularly change your pillowcase at least once a week. Your pillowcase basically collects all the dirt and oil. A clean case will ensure that dirt and all the debris will not come in contact with your face.
- Follow a well-balanced and healthy diet. Your diet should consist mostly of vegetables and fruits. As much as possible, avoid oily and greasy foods as they may trigger breakouts too.
- Applying ice to the face can be a big help. Aside from soothing the skin, it can also help remove trapped dirt and excess oil. Applying ice can also shrink your pores.
- Don’t stress yourself too much. If you are always stressed out and worrying too much, your will body produce more stress hormones, which, will in turn, cause breakouts. So, the best thing to do is to take a chill pill!
- Sleep for at least 8 hours a day. No matter how busy you are, you should never sacrifice your sleep. Lack of sleep will not only cause acne formation, but may affect your overall health as well.
- Avoid touching your face. Just like your hair, your hands can accumulate dirt which may cause pimples. If you cannot avoid it, just make sure to wash your hands regularly.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Hydration is crucial for a clearer and healthier skin.
With proper skin care, it is possible to prevent acne breakouts. Just follow the tips listed above and see for yourself the difference they can make.