‘Fashions fade, style is eternal.’ – Yves Saint Laurent
Finding your own personal style is part of your quest in defining who you are as a person. More than anything else, it can help you to unleash your creativity, uniqueness and how you see things from your view of the world.
Why is it important to have a personal style?
Having your very own style makes you unique. It will also help boost your confidence when putting in your outfit everyday.
If you feel that you have yet to find your personal style, don’t fret, here are some amazing things to remember when it comes to finally defining your own personal brand of style.
- Don’t be afraid to seek out fashion inspiration. With the advent of technology, you can easily search anything from Google to Pinterest, everything is readily available. Seeing different styles can help you realize your like and dislikes.
- Once you already have your style inspiration, take time to define what your style is. You can do this by getting the vibe of the outfits that you like and enjoy. Is your style edgy, classy or feminine?
- Check out your closet to see what pieces you regularly wear. Get rid of the pieces you are not planning to use. By doing so, you will be able to start rebuilding your closet so that it will reflect what your style is. (The clothing pieces that you want to discard can be donated or sold.)
- Don’t forget to take into consideration your lifestyle. Ask yourself, “How do you want the world to look at you?” Your style should be well-aligned with your life goals and field of work.
- Know yourself. Don’t be afraid to experiment and try on new fashion pieces as long as it makes you happy. Embrace your style and trust your instinct.
When it comes to finding your personal style, there will be a lot of trial and error before you find what style really fits your personality perfectly. Just remember to not be afraid to make mistakes. Just have fun in experimenting and before you know it, you already know what your personal style is. When that happens, you will surely get to know yourself even more.