Diet plays a key role when it comes to the condition of your hair. In fact, deficiencies in essential nutrients and minerals can lead to various hair problems such as dryness and hair loss.
In order to get the hair of your dreams, here are some foods to incorporate in your diet.
Packed with Omega 3 fatty acids, these fishes do not only promote hair growth, but healthy scalp as well. In addition to the fatty acids, they are also rich in protein and Vitamin D.
Just like salmon and sardines, eggs contain Omega 3 fatty acids. Moreover, it also has biotin, which is very good for the hair.
- Green and yellow vegetables/fruits
These vegetables and fruits are rich in Vitamin A, which is essential for healthy hair and scalp.
You should include dark green vegetables, whole grains and legumes to your diet to get enough Vitamin E. This vitamin improves blood circulation. If the circulation is impeded, nutrients and minerals will not be able to reach its destination in the body, in this case, the hair follicles.
Hair is made up of protein; therefore, it is important to ensure that you have enough of it from your diet. One item that is rich in protein is yogurt. It is also known to contain Vitamin B5, which can fight against hair loss and thinning.
Did you know that this vegetable has five times the quantity of Vitamin C found in oranges? Yes, you’ve read that right! Because of its Vitamin C content it has the ability to strengthen the hair.
Aside from yellow bell peppers, you should also include strawberries in your diet. One cup of this delicious fruit will give you more than 100% of the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C.
Read meat, seafood and poultry are just some of the iron-rich foods that may benefit your hair. Without iron, the follicles of the hair will be starved of oxygen, an important component for hair health and growth.
Almonds are very rich in biotin, an essential component for healthy hair. It is also rich in Vitamin E and has the ability to repair damage that was caused by too much sun exposure.
One of the most common causes of hair loss is the lack of zinc in the diet. To achieve healthy hair and scalp, eat oysters regularly.
Chicken can help remedy the thinning of your hair. As we have mentioned earlier, protein is crucial for the hair. It is considered the building blocks of your crowning glory. Without protein in your diet, the body will not have the means to replace the hairs you lose everyday through natural shedding.
These are just some of the best foods to include in your diet. It is also important to remember that diet is not enough; there should be a holistic lifestyle change to help your hair grow faster.
Here are some additional reminders
- Exercise is important. Physical activity ensures good blood circulation to the scalp, which is, of course, essential for the hair to grow.
- Drink enough water. Did you know that ¼ of your hair’s component is water? Water will not only help hair to grow, but also give it the moisture that it needs.
- Avoid using products with harsh ingredients.
- Always treat your hair with care. Do not brush your hair while it is still wet. Also, it is better to use a soft brush to comb it.
- Massage the scalp regularly. This will also help in better blood circulation.
- Do not forget to trim your hair regularly to make it healthy.
- Allow yourself to regenerate through rest.
- Use shampoo and conditioner. There are a lot of good quality hair products that contain natural ingredients.
By including in your diet the foods listed above and following all the reminders, you will surely get the beautiful hair that you have always wanted.